SIR – Recent letters have discussed inheritance tax (December 28). I am 86 years old. I was born and brought up in the Black Country, the eldest of four boys. Our father was a holder up in a steel rolling mill.
Self explanatory title. I abhor that nicey nicey, politically correct, pseudo-Christianity which almost always supports leftwing attitudes - which in most cases are profoundly anti-Gospel. This Blog supports persecuted Christians. This Blog exposes cults. This Blog opposes junk science. UPDATED DAILY. This is not a forum. This Blog supports truly Christian websites and aids their efforts. It is hardhitting and unashamedly evangelical so if it offends - please do not come to this site!
Sunday, December 31, 2023
Deep and Overwhelming.
The Overwhelming Love of Jesus. A love so deep, no ocean can contain, A grace that floods the darkest, hidden space, He bears the scars of e...
-
Calls for investigation after monk killed at Ukrainian monastery A law firm representing the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC) has said the ...
-
£650,000 appeal launched to save two crumbling churches. St Tyfi’s Church, Dinefwr, Carmarthenshire (Photo: Friends of Friendless Churches...
I went to grammar school, leaving at 16 with seven O-levels. I did National Service thereafter, and married the daughter of a miner. Together we made our way in life with its ups and downs, both paying our dues as required.
We have two children and four grandchildren. I do not consider myself wealthy, my so-called estate consisting of a house I have lived in for over 50 years, plus a modest sum of savings and investments. I am advised that, on my death, as things stand, my beneficiaries will have to find around £100,000 for inheritance tax before (perhaps lengthy) probate is granted. And all this simply because I have been conscientious, prudent - and died.
The system hardly seems fair.
Arthur Nicholls