Thursday, June 11, 2009

Perspectives.

The other day I was watching and enjoying the clever American comedy, Two and a Half Men, which embraces a humour which is often sexual and frequently 'near the knuckle'.
Yet on this Blog, I have on occasion attacked the much gentler Carry On films and Goodnight Sweetheart for their concealed immorality.
Inconsistent, perhaps?
I do not believe so. In effect, what happens with the more blatant American programme is almost an opposite.
The English comedy draws you in and makes you side with wrongdoing protagonists; the American demonstrates considerably worse behaviour yet you are detached and quite often bemused by the antics of a cast of rather sad characters who are all quick to justify their life choices. In a strange way, actually more moral.

SO One-Sided!

Christians take issue with 'one-sided' engagement over conversion therapy ban.  (Photo: Getty/iStock) The Christian Institute (CI) h...