Monday, January 10, 2011

John Donne

Yesterday, as I undertook a short walk as part of my rehabilitation from the appalling flu I have suffered over the last month, I passed a man who had collapsed and died on the pavement.
Paramedics were there attempting CPR and a small crowd had gathered. Prospects looked poor and you could sense that they were ready to give up.
It is a stark reminder that we never know when our time will come.
Are we ready?

For Whom The Bell Tolls.
No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manner of thine own
Or of thine friend’s were.
Each man’s death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

Islamists Getting A Free Ride When Butchering Christians?

Over 8,000 Christians killed in Nigeria in 2023, watchdog estimates. Anugrah Kumar    16 February 2024. (Photo: Getty/iStock) (CP) Over 8,00...