Monday, April 01, 2019

Sliding Doors.

I watched the old John Hannah/Gwynneth Paltrow film, Sliding Doors, last night.
I love the premise as to how the minutest incident can entirely change lives for all time.
I can think of one such in my own life which literally changed the lives of many thousands of people - in some cases to a considerable extent.
The two weaknesses of the film were that:
a) There are not usually going to ever be  just two, roughly parallel outcomes and
b) The manufactured ending, wherein two sets of lives blend back into the same theme, just cannot work in reality.
That ending has overtones of 'fate' kicking in - which is simple nonsense, of course.
(I did also wonder how several outbursts of gratuitous blasphemy were aiding the plot-line.)

Agreed. But There Are A Great Many Former Atheists From This Planet.

There Are No Atheists in Hell There are no atheists in foxholes, and there are no atheists in hell