Thursday, May 08, 2008

Trying to be fair.

I have always found the French people I have known personally to be fine but have had countless unsavoury encounters in the past with the petty and the spiteful when in France itself and especially in Paris.
My three days there this week have given a totally different opinion. On my walking tour around the city I have found people all so very helpful with this 'hapless Englishman who seems totally lost.' Staff in a variety of establishments have been politeness personified.
I am delighted to be able to say 'farewell' to my stereotype.
As always, I do try to give credit where credit is due.

Islamists Getting A Free Ride When Butchering Christians?

Over 8,000 Christians killed in Nigeria in 2023, watchdog estimates. Anugrah Kumar    16 February 2024. (Photo: Getty/iStock) (CP) Over 8,00...