I used to pay at least 6% of my teaching salary [it may have been more in practice] in pension contributions. My conditions of service doubled this amount.
Had I received that money for investment - even in the lowest performing and ultra safest of sectors - I would today have been receiving a non index-linked pension but it would have been more than double what I am currently receiving.
I could have had this index-linked and would still have been mightily in pocket.
I get a little fed up therefore, when the Daily Mail constantly berates 'public sector pensions' because of their costs.
a] I have contributed and
b] I have not had particularly good value.
Self explanatory title. I abhor that nicey nicey, politically correct, pseudo-Christianity which almost always supports leftwing attitudes - which in most cases are profoundly anti-Gospel. This Blog supports persecuted Christians. This Blog exposes cults. This Blog opposes junk science. UPDATED DAILY. This is not a forum. This Blog supports truly Christian websites and aids their efforts. It is hardhitting and unashamedly evangelical so if it offends - please do not come to this site!
Deep and Overwhelming.
The Overwhelming Love of Jesus. A love so deep, no ocean can contain, A grace that floods the darkest, hidden space, He bears the scars of e...
-
Calls for investigation after monk killed at Ukrainian monastery A law firm representing the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (UOC) has said the ...
-
£650,000 appeal launched to save two crumbling churches. St Tyfi’s Church, Dinefwr, Carmarthenshire (Photo: Friends of Friendless Churches...