Wednesday, December 21, 2016

What If You Were To Die Today?

Most people are going to hell, of course - The Bible makes that fact abundantly clear.
So what will be your excuses when you face judgement?
1) I'm sorry.
2) I didn't realise ...
3) I didn't mean it.
4) Yes - but what about all my good deeds?
5) Nobody made it clear to me.
6) Well it's your fault really, God, I never had any sort of Damascus Road experience.
7) Surely, I didn't do more bad things than good, did I?
8) It's the Church's fault, really. Honestly - they don't do you any favours, God.
9) How can you expect me to have found out what the Bible says - it's out of date - well, innit?
10) I thought I had better things to do as an agnostic than to waste my time searching for what might or might not be right.
11) Yeah, but surely 'All religions lead to God' - that's what the religious people say, don't they?
12) I never really understood this 'sacrifice thing' made by Jesus - is that my fault?
13) I don't believe in 'sin' as a concept - so, at least I have been 'intellectually honest' - haven't I?
14) But I'm too nice to go to hell. Isn't niceness what it's all about?
15) But I love my fellow man. Isn't that what your Bible teaches. Isn't that all I need to have done?
16) Well, Richard Dawkins and Professor Hawking are sooo intelligent - I just followed what they said.
17) What do you mean, going to church won't cut it?
18) Well, aren't you supposed to be 'true to yourself'.
19) I got put off because of all the bad stuff in the world. I figured that meant that you couldn't exist.
20) Okay. So I was wrong BUT ...
21) I prefer to consider these points to be reasons rather than excuses.
22) I'm okay, aren't I? After all, you are good, loving and merciful, aren't you?
Er, I do have some other excuses too to add to the ones from this list which apply to me - wouldn't you like to hear them too before you reach a decision on my fate - pleeeeeaase!
It goes beyond the remit of this article to tell you what you must do to achieve salvation. But I am prepared to point you to the Gospel of John and to say read it carefully, digest it - and if you do not understand - ask an evangelical believer or join an ALPHA course!

May God bless you and may you find salvation.

Birdies.