Sunday, December 27, 2009

No. I don't think it's a joke! - I want to cry.

'A local councillor who calls the numbers at charity bingo sessions has stopped saying "two fat ladies 88" and "legs 11" because council officials fear players might take offence and sue.
Pensioner John Sayers, who runs weekly games in the town hall in Sudbury, Suffolk, said no-one had complained about being offended - but players moaned that his numbers-only style was "boring".
Mr Sayers, 75, a member of Sudbury Town Council and former town mayor, said a council clerk advised him to cut the traditional comic calls in case the authority found itself in hot water.
"The concern was that if there might be two large ladies in the audience when I said 'two fat ladies 88' or someone might think I was looking at their legs when I said 'legs 11'," he said.'


A LoonyTunesWatch coconut is hereby awarded to Sudbury Council officials!

Source Guardian.

(Thanks Edd.)

The WEA.

  World Evangelical Alliance celebrates 180th anniversary The World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) has held an online celebration to mark its 18...