Wednesday, October 09, 2024

Are Hurricanes Getting Worse? - No!


View in Browser

Are Hurricanes Getting Worse?

The media has been working overtime linking the latest hurricanes to man-made warming from increasing CO2.


During last week's U.S. Vice Presidential debate, moderator Norah O’Donnell said“Scientists say climate change makes these hurricanes larger, stronger, and more deadly because of the historic rainfall.”

Fortunately, I was provided an opportunity to present the facts during an interview with the Daily Signal's Virginia Allen:


"The best way to look at a long-term record of hurricanes for the United States is land-falling hurricanes. We have confidence going back to 1850. We know every single hurricane that’s made landfall since 1850 because they’re hard to miss. And land-falling hurricanes in the United States have been declining. I’ve looked at that data myself. In fact, the only state that’s had an increase in land-falling hurricanes is Mississippi, and that was just barely."


View the interview here or read the transcript here.

Gratitude from a Victim of Helene

Our long-time bookkeeper, Robin Dowless, had her home in Florida devastated by the storm surge of Hurricane Helene. Led by Coalition member Kip Hansen, we launched a Go Fund Me campaign to raise money in her time of need and we were very pleasantly surprised with the response. As of this morning, we have raised more than $32,000. Robin asked me to express her gratitude to all those who have contributed:


"I wanted to tell you what a blessing the CO2 Coalition has been to me along with Kip. During this dark time you are a shining light into our lives. The wire Kip sent allowed me and my mom to much more easily go buy a used Volkswagen today. Please pass this email along to all of your supporters who have been so generous.


I cried this morning when I woke up and saw the balance in the go fund me. What you have done for me and my husband during this dark time has no words. The generosity of everyone is overwhelming. I don’t know how to begin to express my gratitude. Thank you doesn’t seem sufficient but thank you from the bottom of my heart."


If you would like to help, here is the link: https://gofund.me/94689c26

Quotes of the Week

“The overwhelming consensus among scientists is that the earth's climate is warming at an unprecedented rate.”


Norah O'Donnell (VP Debate 10/2/24)


"There is no such thing as consensus science. If it’s consensus, it isn’t science. If it’s science, it isn’t consensus. Period."



Michael Crichton


If you would like to help fund our important outreach efforts,

please thoughtfully consider donating either by check or online.




CO2 Coalition

1621 North Kent Street, Suite 603

Arlington, Virginia 22209

A Hard Read From Christian Concern But Perhaps Very Worthwhile. CofE - Oh Dear!

  Summarising the case. Expert legal officer (Gregory Jones KC) on clergy discipline cases concluded that the Derby diocese safeguarding tea...