Friday, January 22, 2010

Corporal punishment.

Today we are starting to hear the true horrors perpetrated by two feral brothers from Edlington.
We have learned how the authorities had no means whatsoever available to control them - but are still being blamed for not doing so.
On the same day, we hear on Radio Humberside that teachers are flooding out of the profession because they are unable to control pupils. A Head Teacher was presented to list the assaults he has had to face.
I left mainstream teaching for many reasons but one of these was that controlling classes was possible in the comprehensive where I taught but it became harder year on year - and noticeably so once the pupils realised that the cane had been abolished. (We forgot to tell them at the outset!)
To keep average classes under control in these circumstances leaves you mentally and physically wrecked at the end of each day.
I quit my part time post seven years ago - damaging my pension very badly indeed - because I value my health and sanity.

We have listened to the counsel of fools for far too long. The liberal-left are 100% to blame for this situation.
They told us that corporal punishment did not work and that it was 'barbaric in a modern society'.

THEY WON: SOCIETY LOST!

Who, hand on heart, truly believes that a couple of thrashings along the way would not have held these yobs - and a great many of the others we are spawning - within reasonable bounds?
I do not care if they would be resentful. I just want them to have something to fear.

Malaysia.

28 April 2024 – Malaysia The majority of those who embrace Christianity, display an overwhelming desire to be baptised. Please pray for them...