Friday, October 01, 2010

Sauce for the goose ...

When I wrote my novel. 'The Unassuming Assassin', I did so in part, to redress the balance where so many novels are written from a now obligatory leftwing point of view.
Not that I wrote from a rightwing viewpoint but rather, it was anti-leftwing in the same way that this Blog tends to be but warned of some of the consequences of our leftward lurch.

I have long explained that I am of the non tory, centre right.
It is interesting that a certain son immediately challenged me for being too didactic - for being obvious in pushing the anti-left cause. Indeed, he even felt slightly embarrassed by the pitch of the book; a little uncomfortable; slightly disturbed as he considered how it would be viewed by lefties.
Certainly, I could have been ultra subtle - it is not a quality which is beyond me - but that was not what I was trying to achieve.
If we take a step back, we can immediately learn an important truth from all of this. The insidious work of the left and the atheistic luvvies over decades has made us so readily accept that the books we read can have a leftwing slant - in fact, let's be honest - we virtually expect it! Yet, make the opposite noises and we are expected to be submissive, silent, downtrodden and even apologetic.
Well, I am unrepentant!

(Still available on Amazon or from me at arnottl@aol.com )

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...