Sunday, June 29, 2014

My Evangelical Credentials.


It is rare indeed that my views stray beyond established evangelical positions. My beliefs are firmly rooted in God's Word.
At this point in modern history, when so many evangelical believers are girding their loins to fight 'assisted suicide' or 'euthanasia' bills, I must admit that I feel unable to lend them my support. 
It is not that I especially believe in either of those views - it is just that I cannot make the Scriptures fit the position of those who support compassion by aiding people who are suffering to depart - but neither can I find one whit of compassion in forcing someone to live out an horrendous life. Did Jesus ever leave anyone in their extreme suffering?
I REALLY do not know. My opinions just keep on changing.

Excellent! Hooray!

Sex is biological fact, NHS declares in landmark shift against gender ideology. Campaigners welcome change to constitution, which will ban t...