Thursday, March 26, 2015

Potholes...

UK's potholes will apparently take 13 years and cost £12billion to fill: One in six roads said to still be in poor condition despite emergency fund to repair them.

The two roads which surround my house are a disgrace and apart from a man with a bucket to effect temporary repairs on the deepest holes - nothing has been done in the 40 years I have lived here and however many more before that. In  2013, I complained. I was promised that these would be resurfaced in 2014. Wonderful - last Autumn - all householders received a leaflet stating that the work would be completed between the 3rd and 10th of November. What joy! There was a proviso that bad weather might hinder proceedings but - more joy - the forecast was good and the weather mild. Nobody came. Some householders told me that they had received a second leaflet through the door announcing a short delay. We got no such leaflet - nor have we had any road repairs just some new streetlights which cast a gloom, the like of which I haven't seen since visiting communist Prague back in 1978 where they clearly used 5 watt bulbs. So poor is the new lighting around the city, it is inevitable that muggings and road accidents must increase. This is Sheffield. Try NOT to live here.

I spotted an Irish flag on the St Patrick's Day Parade...

 ... it stated that 'Ireland is full.' Interesting. I looked up the figures. They have roughly 212 people per square mile. England h...