Tuesday, June 28, 2016

England 1 - Iceland 2.

So. This is what happens when we come up against the mighty strength of a non-EU country. Phew!
This was the shabbiest England performance I have ever witnessed.
My own team had an execrable first half of last season. I could recognise all of the same symptoms in the England team: frequent loss of possession; constantly out of position; unintelligent and often woeful passing; failure to play for each other; fear; lack of imagination and a total absence of creativity
With my team, it was all about not using a system which fitted with the talents of the players. It was not that they were not trying and, for me, it was entirely down to the manager.
With Roy Hodgson - some of his decisions with selection were very questionable. Why was a consistently mediocre goalkeeper allowed another chance to wreck our campaign?
To be fair to Hodgson though, England do not have centre backs of any quality. But my last word is that this was down to a team so-riddled with fear - they froze on the night. It's a good job that they did not go on to meet France in Paris. Innit?

I spotted an Irish flag on the St Patrick's Day Parade...

 ... it stated that 'Ireland is full.' Interesting. I looked up the figures. They have roughly 212 people per square mile. England h...