Saturday, July 30, 2016

Farage - What A Political Legacy!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3715544/PETER-OBORNE-Lefties-loathe-truth-man-changed-history.html
On a purely personal level, I am not one of Nigel's greatest fans. (Unlike Peter Oborne, apparently.) Far too many flaws for my taste - but the thrust of this article gives the positive side of Nigel's character - and clearly shows the mega difference that he has made to modern politics. His achievements are praiseworthy.
One day a statue? - Well, I am sure that a great many lesser individuals have been cast in bronze over the years.
The greatest orator of our generation and 'the man who did it'! Many thanks, Mr Farage.
What concerns me now is that the next Ukip leader must be able to lead.
Paul Nuttall would have done a fine job in holding the party together and healing divisions; Jonathan Arnott might do at least as well and possibly even better; Lisa Duffy would not be a bad choice at all. Everyone speaks very highly of her - I have only met her the once - although I have been very impressed by her husband, Pete.
My problem is, that with Mr Woolfe, a man who somehow appears to have become an artificially constructed favourite, all I can see is division, ridicule and disaster coming Ukip's way. 
I know a many Ukip politicians - although admittedly not Steven himself - and I note that few seem to like him; many dislike him; others hint at things they refuse to express. (I wish I knew what that is all about and whether it is all fair or not!)
Will he manage to fight off the 'you have let your membership lapse and are unqualified to stand' issue? I do not know but sincerely hope that that he withdraws from the race.
With him in charge, I could see broad divisions and a party on the very cusp of possible political breakthrough - coming to grief. 
Ukip may or may not enjoy future success but my prediction is, that without the right leader, it will simply implode - and quickly.
Your prayers are welcomed. This is the only party which can halt the march of our Orwellian, political elite.

Malaysia.

28 April 2024 – Malaysia The majority of those who embrace Christianity, display an overwhelming desire to be baptised. Please pray for them...