Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Our Norman.

As regular readers will have noticed I was not an admirer of Theresa May before she entered No 10, but I have become more and more encouraged by her early weeks in office.
The first thing I noticed is that Prime Minister May seemed to be moving back towards the tried and tested system of sorting out the details of policy initiatives in cabinet committees instead of the Cameron practice of launching new policies at half cock. There now seems to be such a cabinet committee on economic affairs.
I assume that there must be another on Brexit to disentangle not only the complex issues but to settle the silly squabbles between Ministers over who does what.
 In this column a month ago I expressed my support (not least as a former grammar school boy myself) for Mrs May's sympathetic words on a possible expansion of those proven engines of social mobility. I hope that by now there is a group considering how that might best be achieved within a wider review of education policy. That might lead to  a new expansion of high grade technical schools to provide  the workforce skills needed in both industry and commerce, as Simon Heffer wrote in The Telegraph this weekend. There is much we could learn here from the Germans.
Read In Full:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/22/the-vast-forces-of-the-anti-brexit-elite-are-already-regrouping/

Shame On You, Daily Mail, For This Immoral Jibber Jabber From A ... Well. I'd Better Not Say It!

  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13300045/JANA-HOCKING-five-reasons-youre-not-getting-laid-dates-Im-guilty-two.html