Saturday, June 30, 2018

Pray For Ken.

Early yesterday morning, Mrs Blogger and I were enjoying a lovely walk through local woods and had begun to follow a path which was running parallel to a very busy road.
A gentleman walking in the opposite direction warned us of a drunk who had slept rough overnight after being kicked out of the house by his girlfriend. He had showed concern and had briefly tried to help but was in a hurry.
Mrs Blogger and I found the man just before a pleasant lady with a dog turned up.
Ken, as he was called, was threatening to launch himself into the busy traffic on the nearby road. He was barely coherent and repeated a desire to take his own life.
As my wife and the lady spoke to him, I rang 999. The dog lady recognised Ken and knew where he lived and persuaded him to go back to his house with us.
I was repeatedly in contact with the police who were slow to deliver a patrol car and ambulance responder. I estimate that we were a good 25 minutes keeping him talking after first ringing for help. In the meantime, he had failed to gain entry to his house.
Eventually, help did arrive.
I had spent much of the 'dead time' praying whilst the two ladies continued to talk to him.
He repeated his desire to end his life to the para medic and the police officers but agreed to be taken to hospital - still extremely drunk.
Please pray into this situation. I do not know what we can pray for too specifically - other than Ken seeing that life really is worth living and praying too that he can perhaps find solace in The Saviour.

I spotted an Irish flag on the St Patrick's Day Parade...

 ... it stated that 'Ireland is full.' Interesting. I looked up the figures. They have roughly 212 people per square mile. England h...