Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Do YOU Worship Celebs and If So - WHY?

No to worshipping the famous.

I do not care what celebrities think - indeed, I am yet to be convinced that most are capable of rational thought at all. They mutter barely understood sound bites. I do not want the rich, the famous, TV stars, musicians, Gary Lineker et al to infect chat shows, radio programmes, magazines and newspapers with what their opinions are. If I want half-baked ideas I can pop down to the public bar at the The New Crown.
Why should Mick Jagger's politics or Bill Roache's views on global warming have any relevance?
Who gives a monkey's where Britney buys her perfume or which decorator the Duke of Devonshire holds as superior to the rest?
I am horrified when I see people fawning over the famous; soliciting their attention and trying to emulate their so-called style.
Frankly, it is pathetic that so many people need to live vicariously. It is a poor substitute for spirituality.
THIS SURELY BREAKS THE SECOND COMMANDMENT WHICH FORBIDS IDOLATRY.
Appreciating talent is one thing but ...

Families Distraught For Ten Years+

  https://www.christiantoday.com/article/service.held.to.mark.10.years.since.kidnapping.of.chibok.schoolgirls/141630.htm Service held to mar...