Thursday, June 30, 2022

As A Christian, I Am Generally Disapproving of Schadenfreude But ...

I have watched this summer's cricket on Sky TV and I do not know where the blame lies. It may be Sky, it may be the TCCB - or perhaps, worse - a joint effort.

Politically correct language has now become de rigueur for all commentators.

Initially, I was sickened to hear batsmen being referred to as 'batters' - a harsh, grating term from the Antipodes. 

As the women cricketers may not have wanted to be called batsmen any longer - I could just about put up with their use  of 'batters' which has crept into the game over several years.

Why the need for batsMEN to be renamed? What sane, positive outcome can this possibly achieve?

All the many people I know who follow cricket are seething - but the march of the loony left ever marches onwards.

                                                   Ooh. A quartet of batspersons!

Last night, in the women's test v South Africa - Mrs Blogger suddenly reacted with irritation and incredulity. I had missed the commentator referring to the possible use of a 'night watcher' instead of a 'night watchman.' - Simply unbelievable!

Schadenfreude, though! - Yes. Sadly, I must admit to crowing with delight every time a commentator slips up, uses the correct word and then has to correct the slip.

The African Churches Are Putting Us To Shame.

Learning from the African Church's extraordinary success. Heather Tomlinson    21 April 2024 . (Photo: Getty/iStock) Why has faith in Af...