Thursday, August 10, 2006

The Con.


Those politicians who claim to be Christians are customarily mealy-mouthed about faith. Either they are not true believers and hope to catch a few votes or they are believers who simply keep a low profile. In the latter case, they fear being too open as this may upset: the local party, selection committees, the whips, the PM and of course - the voters.
I am sure many convince themselves that they are 'working from within' but they are simply sell-out merchants.
Am I wrong? Okay, 650+ MPs. Surely, there must be at least 50 Christians in at Westminster. Name me just 10 who put Christ first - publicly. Alright, five? Any? Labour's Frank Field probably deserves some credit here but I am hard pressed to name another.

I spotted an Irish flag on the St Patrick's Day Parade...

 ... it stated that 'Ireland is full.' Interesting. I looked up the figures. They have roughly 212 people per square mile. England h...