Sunday, September 24, 2006

Who can't be a millionaire?


Last night I watched a gentleman win £1 million on a well known TV programme. The man who followed him, whom I assumed to be in his forties, was unable to progress as he did not know whether the story of the Tower of Babel was in Genesis or in Numbers.
Had this been a 'one off', who could have batted an eyelid? But, I have noticed a significant trend in many quiz programmes where the 'victim' fails to answer a relatively starightforward question on the Scriptures. As a quiz fan, I declare that this goes beyond Mr Tarrant's show and is evidenced in: Mastermind, University Challenge, Eggheads and the latter days of Fifteen to One. Questions which were considered a 'doddle' just ten years ago now flummox many.
This is a triumph for the liberal left whose aim has long been the eradication of Christianity from our schools. So much for their transparent and disingenuous arguments that "We must let children grow up without propaganda so that they can make an informed choice when they are older."
Those children are deprived, not only of a spiritual foundation which they COULD reject later, but of a history of their own culture. Congratulations to the lefties for their tremendous success achieved with the most facile of arguments. I believe it is called a 'double whammy'!

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...