Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Joan Bakewell.

"Old people should be allowed to die if they become 'vegetables', Joan Bakewell has said.
Labour's czar for the elderly said she had made a living will that will mean she is 'not kept alive if I'm a vegetable'.
She added that people should not be helped to go on living by machinery if they had outlived their normal lifespan."

I hope that I do not upset too many of my Christian readers on this one but I have much sympathy with her views and have expressed that in writing to my GP.

The argument that God must choose the very moment of our deaths does not hold any water. If you look at Genesis 9:6 - that is left to man.

Also, it is very unlikely that those who would argue with Joan have taken into account the "Science has moved the goalposts" argument.

For me, I have more problems with where the lines are drawn.



There Is Certainly No Such 'Forgiveness Requirement' For A Court Judge.

Bishop in church stabbing forgives alleged attacker. Staff writer    19 April 2024. The attack was captured on video during the livestream. ...