Friday, November 07, 2008

A step in the right direction.Thinking allowed!

'Thirty-one per cent of teachers believe creationism should be given the same status as evolution in the classroom, a survey suggests. A poll of 1,200 teachers also found that 30 per cent already consider creationism or intelligent design, to some extent, during science lessons. And 87.9 per cent of those interviewed for the Teachers TV poll think that they should be allowed to discuss the subject in science if pupils raise the question.' Daily Mail.

Many people think that I am anti-evolution because I am a Christian. Not so.
I am against the hypothesis because it falls down badly in so many disciplines.
Incidentally, I became a Christian in spite of believing the evolutionary tosh I had been taught at school.
It was only after I became a Christian that I even discovered that there was an excellent scientific basis for challenging evolution.
[In all honesty - the whole concept had always seemed rather far-fetched.]

There Is Certainly No Such 'Forgiveness Requirement' For A Court Judge.

Bishop in church stabbing forgives alleged attacker. Staff writer    19 April 2024. The attack was captured on video during the livestream. ...