Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Profiteering?

When you get justifiably angry about the appalling 26% rise in petrol prices this year when the cost of a barrel of oil has actually fallen - please feel free to pillory the oil giants!
Never forget however, as you pay your £5 a gallon that some £3-75 of that goes directly to the government.

Would I mind paying BP, Shell et al the £1-25 for a gallon which is roughly the price they charge? And with a reasonable 25p extra to the chancellor? - No, not me!
I might even be persuadable for a further 25p were the road fund licence to be abolished.

Gesture Eggs, Huh? - I Can't Boycott Cadbury For This. I Am Already Boycotting Them Over Their Iniquitous Pricing and Shrinkflation.

Cadbury faces criticism for 'gesture eggs' this Easter. Duncan Williams    28 March 2024. (Photo: Cadbury) The British confectionery...