Saturday, March 06, 2010

Left and right.

One of the things which has long surprised me is how few people will admit to being right of centre when their attitudes prove that that is precisely what they are.
I recently explained on here that I consider myself to be a 'right of centre non tory'.
Listening to people as I always try to, it is clear that most people I meet are further to the right than I am - but would be surprised - and possibly even shocked to discover this.
This is a psychological victory for the wild propagandising of the left. Right = Bogeyman.

This is not always easy to spot as they may belong to any of the three largest parties or at least, will happily vote for these. It is what they think on individual issues which gives it away.
(Naturally here, I am not talking about the: university lecturing class; the ivory tower dwellers; the quangocrats; the bureaucrats and the fashionable, leftie elite. Nor do I speak of the many who are cocooned away into cosy little government or council enclaves where reality rarely impinges.)
I speak of everyday folk who, tragically for themselves and the nation, seem incapable of taking an accurate political overview.
But of course, the tactics of the left, and in particular the Fabians, have been working towards this goal for more than a century using the media and education as their tool.

There Is Certainly No Such 'Forgiveness Requirement' For A Court Judge.

Bishop in church stabbing forgives alleged attacker. Staff writer    19 April 2024. The attack was captured on video during the livestream. ...