Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Foreign Aid.

I refer to a Yorkshire Post Letter yesterday which makes a good point - albeit partially:
From: Paul Rouse, Main Street, Sutton on Derwent, York.

ALL three main parties agree that we need to reduce public expenditure in order to reduce our national debt, but, for some inexplicable reason, they also agree that overseas aid should be ring-fenced. We are giving money to India, whose companies now own great chunks of our industry, oil-rich Nigeria, Russia and even China who are currently lending money to the USA.I wonder what would happen if I asked my bank to loan me money so that I could give it away to my rich friends?
Unfortunately, there is a second aspect to the issue of foreign aid.

Much of the time WE HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE MONEY GOES!
How often does it line the pockets of corrupt officials and politicians and offers little help to those who are genuinely in need?
I disagree with Mr Rouse - I think. Surely, these relatively tiny amounts should be 'ring-fenced' - but NOT for our own use.

The secret with foreign aid is to TARGET where you send it, NOT stop giving!

Families Distraught For Ten Years+

  https://www.christiantoday.com/article/service.held.to.mark.10.years.since.kidnapping.of.chibok.schoolgirls/141630.htm Service held to mar...