Monday, December 23, 2013

Food Banks: Ensure That The Safeguards Are Working.

I applaud food banks and I love the fact that so many people - perhaps most of them Christians - operate these projects which are so very worthy in intent. Helping the needy is living the idea of 'loving our neighbours'.
My sole concern is that of always in such circumstances. I want to know that they are never being used to fund people's drinking, smoking, gambling and drug use in any way. 
In other words, I want to know that they are reaching the needy who are genuine and not subsidising any who have wantonly placed themselves into that position.
All systems are open to abuse but I really do hope the safeguards work! Any one person 'helped' who had the money but misused it - costs another who perhaps really needs the help.

Reform UK Have Done The Job.

In the local elections, Reform UK has inflicted inestimable damage onto the Tories. Well done guys! The Tories MUST learn that if they are n...