Saturday, January 28, 2017

Oy - I BUILT That Bridge!


Jonathan Dent, 32, of Grimsby, Lincolnshire, swerved as he sped along the bridge towards Hull (left) before his car flew over the barriers and landed on the footpath (right). The vehicle only just avoided falling into the water below - and Dent, who suffered injuries including a broken arm, was cut from the mangled wreckage (centre). The accident left the bridge with £11,000 worth of damage and put members of the public 'at severe risk', Grimsby Crown Court heard. Dent has now admitted dangerous driving and was given a suspended sentence of three months in jail as well as being disqualified from driving for three years. Mail.
(When I say "I built that bridge" - must confess that it is a slight exaggeration. There were several others who helped me back in 1973!)

Gesture Eggs, Huh? - I Can't Boycott Cadbury For This. I Am Already Boycotting Them Over Their Iniquitous Pricing and Shrinkflation.

Cadbury faces criticism for 'gesture eggs' this Easter. Duncan Williams    28 March 2024. (Photo: Cadbury) The British confectionery...