Monday, February 27, 2017

Use-By Dates Challenged.

Waste charity Wrap is in talks with British dairy farmers, the Government and the Food Standards Agency about scrapping use-by dates after figures reveal millions of pints of milk are being wasted. Mail.
I simply ignore use-by dates. The Good Lord gave me eyes and a nose which serve me far better than some arbitrary date stamp.
I refuse to waste food unnecessarily - I even buy our biscuits from a stall on Scunthorpe Market - often 'out of date' - but never stale. At a quarter the customary price - why not? - After all, what are all of those health-giving E numbers and food additives there for amongst the contents?
I listened to a government scientist saying recently that eggs kept in the fridge can comfortably last up to four months.
Well, we have never had any stomach problems from our foul habits - perhaps these tactics have made our stomachs less sensitive.
Mind you - we did have a Milbona natural yoghurt which exploded last week as I peeled the foil from the tub - but, oh! - It was IN date by more than a week!

Until Today, I Shopped At Morrisons About Once A Month. Not Any More!

Fury at Morrisons as Christians slam new cheese - 'not what Easter's about'. Morrisons' new Easter-themed cheese has prompte...