Thursday, August 31, 2017

London Always Takes The Lion's Share Of The Cash!

James Austin, Sheffield. Yorks Post.

After living in Sheffield and regularly taking trains to Manchester, Liverpool and Doncaster, I am often left disappointed by the slow running services which cost me an arm and a leg. The rolling stock is old and dilapidated (especially on the Sheffield to Doncaster route) but they also smell.
HS2 is not going to solve these problems any time soon. What we need is a connected train network that links up Northern cities. I can get a train to London quicker than I can get to Liverpool, now this is nuts.
If we really want a Northern Powerhouse this issue must be resolved quickly. I love train travel, but with more money being spent down South, coupled with a poor service and increasing fares I’ll be forced to travel by car.

Christian Evangelist Killed in Uganda.

Christian evangelist killed in Uganda. Morning Star News    13 April 2024. (Photo: Getty/iStock) An evangelist was slain and a mother and he...