Thursday, September 21, 2017

Why Queen's Chaplain Resigned.

23rd January 2017
Gavin Ashenden was one of many who criticised the decision of St. Mary's Cathedral, Glasgow to invite a Muslim to read from the Koran during an Epiphany service. Now, having resigned as a chaplain to the Queen over the issue, Gavin explains why he believes a three-cornered struggle for the public space is taking place between Christianity, secularism and Islam.
Nine years ago I was appointed as a Chaplain to the Queen. Last week I resigned.
I had expected to enjoy the honour of the office for another eight years – until I was 70. I was sorry to give it up.
I resigned in order to be able to speak more freely about the struggle that Christianity is facing in our culture.
I had no idea that there were plans afoot by a Scottish Cathedral to "reach out to Muslims" by scrapping a Bible reading from their worship on the Feast of the Epiphany (when Christ’s Lordship is celebrated as the Light of the World) and replacing it with a part of the Koran that denied Jesus was the Son of God.
But when it did happen, it represented such a serious repudiation of allegiance to Christ and the Gospels, that it could not be left unchallenged.
https://www.premierchristianity.com/Blog/Allowing-the-Koran-to-be-read-in-church-is-wrong.-It-s-why-I-ve-resigned-as-Chaplain-to-the-Queen

Danger Alert.

The broken immigration system is now becoming dangerous. The Home Office already has some serious questions to answer – as does the Ministry...