Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Special Victims Unit.

At one time, this was compulsory viewing. It was often the very best drama on our TV screens - even though you had to set aside a certain amount of politically correct nonsense in order to view.
For normal people, it is becoming almost unwatchable as it has turned into a pantechnicon for vile liberal-left propaganda. Happily, the cast and plots are not as strong but 'the authors' message' becomes ever more blatant by the programme.
Seven points out of many which horrify me:
1) The promotion of the homosexual agenda seems to me to be off the scale. (Even worse than British TV.)
2) Any drama, and especially a police series, which majors incessantly on the domestic problems of the heroine instead of sticking to the main plotlines is destined for the scrapheap. 
I am utterly fed up with the semi-credible fact that 'Liv was raped - and so she knows what it is like' scenario. When will they give it a rest? 
We do not care that she wants to adopt 'as a single mum' and that this has attached baggage. 
What is more - the idea is fundamentally immoral that a child should be denied a father merely to pacify noisy, anti-family leftists.
3) I am fed up with the tired and tedious plotlines of purest drivel wherein 'investigating officers are kidnapped on a regular base by serial-killing loonies'. Boring!
4) It annoys me intensely that the very 'special' victims are almost always victims of some typical, dastardly, inherent maleness. I usually feel that there is a great deal to come out of the 'all men are rapists' school of thought and advanced wisdom.
5) The victims seem ALWAYS to have contributed nothing whatsoever to their own downfalls. Now rape is a truly wicked crime at the top end of the scale and pretty nauseating at the lower end too - but such distinctions are seldom made in SVU.
6) It is extremely rare for Christians to be portrayed as anything other than mindless bigots.
7) In the most recent episode I have seen, 'the team' band together to close down an airline because there appears to be an 'innate laddish culture'. Of course, there were also two unlikely rapes bolted on so that they had justification for putting hundreds of innocent people out of work and damaging shareholders who had done nothing wrong.
That is the trouble with 'leftist moral crusading' - the consequences can go hang!

You have probably guessed my conclusion already. Season 19, I think, has brought me to the end of my feather-spitting tether. No more. Enough is enough. (I may watch some back episodes when Chris Meloni helped to make the series so very excellent for so long.)
My TV has an off switch and I'm not afraid to use it!




Shame On You, Daily Mail, For This Immoral Jibber Jabber From A ... Well. I'd Better Not Say It!

  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13300045/JANA-HOCKING-five-reasons-youre-not-getting-laid-dates-Im-guilty-two.html