Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Tempus Fugit.

Sometimes, I take stock of an occurrence from a few years ago and find myself horrified to discover that it had actually happened twenty+ years ago.
It is now some nineteen years since I last preached; fifteen since the death of my father; forty four since I got my first teaching post. And so it goes.
For myself, I am not too bothered - life is short and our two prayer groups have deepened our knowledge and walk with the Saviour; understanding has increased and we have had so many remarkable answers to prayer.

At this point, I look at the many people I know who have no grasp of the fact that they are plunging into a lost eternity. This is one of the many reasons why I produce this Blog. I must do something.
When I look at so many friends, erstwhile colleagues, neighbours et al who have no concept of where their life is ultimately headed - I grieve.

I try to take every God-offered opportunity to witness to the lost but I am not a natural in this. As a consequence, I have tried 'other means' and my three books in print all have this as a goal - the one currently in the pipeline, rather less so.

This morning at 6-30am, you will find me in the village of Aston where Early Birds (that's us, BTW) meet to pray for; the persecuted, the lost, the ailing, the misdirected, the backsliders, the dying and so very many more.

Amongst this group, there are three people who all possess a mighty gifting in being able to strike up conversations with anybody and everybody and to smoothly engage them in talk about Jesus. Phenomenal.

The older I get, comfortable in my own salvation - I am desperate to see others find their welcoming, open-armed Saviour. 

Age and Easter certainly help to put things in a true perspective.

I spotted an Irish flag on the St Patrick's Day Parade...

 ... it stated that 'Ireland is full.' Interesting. I looked up the figures. They have roughly 212 people per square mile. England h...