Friday, December 25, 2020

The Boris Deal With The EU.

2,000 pages? - I think I'll give the reading of that a miss but I do know a speed reader who can read at pace and has a deep knowledge of EU matters. I shall rely heavily on his assessment.

A few have correctly stated "the devil is in the detail." Well, we shall see.

Certainly, this deal is considerably better than the pathetic, limited, quasi-treacherous efforts of Mrs May. 

The fishing portion is, at best, average but with promises of huge investment in the industry, I shall not rush to judge - especially as we shall ultimately regain control of our waters over 5.5 years. Not ideal.

The trade efforts, at first sight, seem not dissimilar to Canada's deal with Brussels which would be pretty decent.

We certainly appear to have achieved more than I had thought possible, mainly because The EU was terrified of the threatened 'no deal'. They really did not believe BoJo was bluffing.

Reform UK Have Done The Job.

In the local elections, Reform UK has inflicted inestimable damage onto the Tories. Well done guys! The Tories MUST learn that if they are n...