Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Relative and absolute poverty.


How can I possibly give? - I'm not rich.


If you are a Bible believer, then clearly you must not be greedy, avaricious and self-centred. You are expected to be open, generous and filled with love for your fellow man.
Personally, I do not bother too much with those who simply have less than I do in our nation. I have worked hard for what I have, I have managed my money extremely carefully and it is difficult to be in absolute poverty in the UK. Nonetheless, I am exceptionally glad that my own Church is now uniting with Christians Against Poverty, working in the locality, even if this does not fire me up especially.
However my son Simon, has recently completed four and a half months in Malawi working for a medical aid charity. I am now fully aware what real poverty means; absolute poverty - and I am against it!
Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on!Go on! (Would you like a cuppa tea, reader?)
Give til it hurts! Tear Fund awaits. You know you want to. You know you should!

1 comment:

SNAKE HUNTERS said...

In your piece on how to recognise
a Cult, you did not include the
most vociferous one, that's really
popping up on the UniversityCampus, The "Hate Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Halliburton Cult and it's sister "Exit Strategy".

See 'History' for details.

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

Shame On You, Daily Mail, For This Immoral Jibber Jabber From A ... Well. I'd Better Not Say It!

  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-13300045/JANA-HOCKING-five-reasons-youre-not-getting-laid-dates-Im-guilty-two.html