Monday, December 15, 2008

Public sector pensions.

I used to pay at least 6% of my teaching salary [it may have been more in practice] in pension contributions. My conditions of service doubled this amount.
Had I received that money for investment - even in the lowest performing and ultra safest of sectors - I would today have been receiving a non index-linked pension but it would have been more than double what I am currently receiving.
I could have had this index-linked and would still have been mightily in pocket.
I get a little fed up therefore, when the Daily Mail constantly berates 'public sector pensions' because of their costs.
a] I have contributed and
b] I have not had particularly good value.

Danger Alert.

The broken immigration system is now becoming dangerous. The Home Office already has some serious questions to answer – as does the Ministry...