Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shrove Tuesday.

Shrove Tuesday (also known as Pancake Day) is the day preceding Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. Shrove Tuesday is observed mainly in English speaking countries. Shrove Tuesday is linked to Easter, so its date changes on an annual basis.
In most traditions the day is known for the eating of pancakes before the start of Lent. Pancakes are eaten as they are made out of the main foods available, sugar, fat, flour and eggs, whose consumption was traditionally restricted during the ritual fasting associated with Lent. (Wikipedia.)
Considering bringing a little discipline into your Christian life? - It can do you good!
Last year, for Lent I gave up joke websites because, although most were just jokes, I was having to wade through some pretty awful stuff too - and pretend to myself that I hadn't seen it!
After Lent was over - I didn't go back. I think that this has helped me spiritually!

Excellent! Hooray!

Sex is biological fact, NHS declares in landmark shift against gender ideology. Campaigners welcome change to constitution, which will ban t...