Thursday, July 24, 2014

UKIP Show Their Disgust For Unchallenged Racism In EU Parliamentary Chamber.

 ... In the same debate, I saw the ugliest side to the European Parliament. We saw racism on that day, the first time I've been confronted with racism in a very long time. A Polish MEP described black people as n***ers and n****s, comparing the millions of unemployed young people to the southern United States.
We were all stunned by the speech and I wondered at first whether I had misheard. But the 'n word' kept on coming. UKIP's Jim Carver MEP was the first to react with cries of "shame on you" and the rest of us took to booing. Incredibly, the president of the session seemed unperturbed and would have moved straight to the next speaker had there not been uproar in the chamber.
Racism is a serious word. It is a serious allegation and not one which should be taken lightly. And in modern society, there are few more serious charges that can be levelled against anyone, but I use the word advisedly to describe what happened in the European Parliament that day.
I will leave you with one thought. When the Left of British politics throw the word 'racism' about like confetti, they cheapen the word and demean the experiences of those who have been the victims of racism. They should hang their heads in shame.
Follow Jonathan Arnott on Twitter: www.twitter.com/JonathanArnott

I spotted an Irish flag on the St Patrick's Day Parade...

 ... it stated that 'Ireland is full.' Interesting. I looked up the figures. They have roughly 212 people per square mile. England h...