Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Parents.

I did not sleep well last night - too much eaten too late in the evening.
On occasions like these, I often pray and commune with my God - it then means that sleep time lost is then used positively.
Well, about an hour ago God granted me a revelation. It was something so simple, so straightforward that I can hardly believe that I had not picked up on it before - I had simply accepted it as my norm.
God had highlighted something ungracious in my recent behaviour - which, unhappily, was perfectly and unerringly accurate.
He went on to contrast that behaviour with the conduct of my parents - a pair not known for having a Christian walk - and something suddenly struck me about them.
In their living, I could not bring to mind: any act of unkindness; any evidence of malice nor hint of spite.
As a long term believer, I did not emerge well from this comparison.
Thank you, Father, for the earthly parents you bestowed on me!

Gesture Eggs, Huh? - I Can't Boycott Cadbury For This. I Am Already Boycotting Them Over Their Iniquitous Pricing and Shrinkflation.

Cadbury faces criticism for 'gesture eggs' this Easter. Duncan Williams    28 March 2024. (Photo: Cadbury) The British confectionery...