Monday, May 30, 2022

Who Could Argue The Point?

 

The Tories have almost wholly given up on conservative principles. What a tragic waste

Covid has turned a centre-right government statist, even though Brexit and an 80-seat majority gave it a better shot at the cost of living
I can put up with a certain amount of inconsistency, muddle-headedness and even hypocrisy in politics. As the American poet Walt Whitman wrote: “Do I contradict myself?/ Very well then I contradict myself,/ (I am large, I contain multitudes.)”But I draw the line when pundits self-righteously demand more action on net zero while at the same time complaining of “fuel poverty”. I bridle when lobbyists rage against the Australia and New Zealand trade deals because they will “flood” us with “cheap food”, and then have the nerve to moan about “food poverty”.... DT.

Nurturing Faith.

  https://www.christiantoday.com/article/equipping.parents.to.nurture.their.childrens.faith/141641.htm Equipping parents to nurture their ch...