Sunday, November 11, 2007

Doug.

When I lived as a student in Madrid, I met a Christian evangelist called Doug Benshoof, an american and still young veteran of the Vietnam war.
When I was investigating the faith and far from becoming a Christian, I remember him telling me about him being a tank commander in that war and how his tank was hit by vietcong fire.
He told how one of his crew had died in his arms - an event which would stagger almost anybody. But he went on to explain that in his last moments, this young soldier had given his life to Christ. - a moving time. However, what really struck me was the fact that this embracing of Jesus was SO important to him - the importance of that to him hit me hard as I looked at the tears in his eyes. This Christianity thing MATTERED above all else.
This encounter did not cause me to become born again but it was certainly an identifiable step along the way.

Danger Alert.

The broken immigration system is now becoming dangerous. The Home Office already has some serious questions to answer – as does the Ministry...