Friday, July 10, 2009

In vino veritas?

'The View From Here' by Dave Challice is a book I really must try to get my hands on. I have just read a tremendous review of it in that excellent journal, 'The Flag'.

He describes a happy encounter with olive growers in S. Italy, thus:
' ... over a few litres of wine in the local tavern we eventually got onto politics. I asked them: "What do you think about all those rules and regulations from Brussels?"
They looked at each other and one of them smiled as he filled my glass. "You mean the English Laws?"
"No. I mean all that bureaucracy from the EU."
He set down the bottle. "Allow me to explain ... We call them The English Laws because you're the only ones stupid enough to obey them."


Oh dear. The truth can really hurt. Can't it?

Reform UK Have Done The Job.

In the local elections, Reform UK has inflicted inestimable damage onto the Tories. Well done guys! The Tories MUST learn that if they are n...