Friday, July 31, 2009

Love is still needed.

I recently posted photos of people for whom I pray regularly. They were some of those for whom I feel extremely negative thoughts.
They could be seen as enemies to a proper society; enemies to me personally, perhaps; enemies to the Gospel.
When Jesus overturned the Temple tables - was this an act of hatred? - Surely not!
Jesus requires us 'to love our enemies' - and I try so to do. It can be extremely difficult to love somebody for whom you feel scorn. [Should 'the scorn' even be there? That is trickier.] - But we are required to 'fight the good fight' and 'seek righteousness'. I can have no belief in a 'wimpish Christianity'. Prayer is essential but that is not all - we must act too.
All very difficult as a balance but it must be attempted. I do not care too greatly for the Christian axiom "Hate the sin - love the sinner" as it tends to be rather glib. But sometimes it does rather capture the point.
They may try to wreck our nation but I shall always pray for them and genuinely want the best for them when they meet their Maker.
Christians must never forget this point - we are here to demonstrate the love of the Saviour.
It's quite a fine balance - isn't it?

Reform UK Have Done The Job.

In the local elections, Reform UK has inflicted inestimable damage onto the Tories. Well done guys! The Tories MUST learn that if they are n...