Sunday, September 13, 2009

Christians in UKIP.

One of the really uplifting things which struck me very forcefully at the recent UKIP Conference, was just how many Christians, and especially evangelicals, could be found in the party. Whichever direction I turned, I bumped into believers.
There were a number of stalls, a fringe meeting and considerable amounts of interest in 'The Unassuming Assassin' (Available through Amazon.) - when it was explained that the rather lurid tale had a theme wherein the claims of the Gospel were fully investigated - against a rather unusual backcloth, admittedly.
I know that there are Christians in all parties - I have a very strong feeling that UKIP may just have many more than most.
I lost count of the numbers of delegates I chatted with who felt that politics is such a rotten business and UKIP is simply the only place to be. Perfect? - Hardly! But a repository for people of conscience who are appalled by that kind of liberalism found elsewhere which is radically anti-Gospel.

Gesture Eggs, Huh? - I Can't Boycott Cadbury For This. I Am Already Boycotting Them Over Their Iniquitous Pricing and Shrinkflation.

Cadbury faces criticism for 'gesture eggs' this Easter. Duncan Williams    28 March 2024. (Photo: Cadbury) The British confectionery...