Sunday, October 04, 2009

The bare bones.

I rarely attack Christian belief beyond the liberal churches and naturally, I attack cults mercilessly but the abandonment of Scripture in order to venerate the bones of a exceptionally nice lady does no credit to Christianity nor to the scriptural knowledge of many believers.
The bones of Saint Thérèse of Lisieux are currently being paraded around Yorkshire to assist the faith to look to outsiders like a macabre, medieval laughing stock - and may I say - with more than a little cause?

How does this delightful lady win special credit as a 'saint' ? - After all, I am a saint as are ALL believers - and by scriptural definition too! She may have been a much better person than me - I do not doubt it for a moment - but we share sainthood. She is not any more of a saint because a pope has declared her so to be as if this were a special award!
Secondly, there is no scriptural warrant whatsoever for the veneration of relics and waving bits of dead people around.
May I remind readers that CHRIST CONQUERED DEATH and there were no bones left over when he did!
Show me the 'creation of a saint' in the very early Church.

Families Distraught For Ten Years+

  https://www.christiantoday.com/article/service.held.to.mark.10.years.since.kidnapping.of.chibok.schoolgirls/141630.htm Service held to mar...