Sunday, October 11, 2009

When should Christians forgive?

To this question when Christians are dealing with other people, the answer is reasonably straightforward.
What about when we are dealing with institutions though? - I suspect that a great deal depends on our motivations - if arising out of anger or hatred then we have no entitlement.

However, if we feel that we have been cheated by an insurance company or a power giant or similar where clearly the personal element is entirely lacking, I suspect that the same thinking does not apply.
If I have been victimised by a large body, I shall tell everybody I know and shall do my utmost to avoid the wrongdoer in the future.
If however this results in cutting-off-the-nose-to-spite-the-face syndrome - we should act with wisdom.

Being a believer certainly makes you consider hard the motivations behind your actions!

Families Distraught For Ten Years+

  https://www.christiantoday.com/article/service.held.to.mark.10.years.since.kidnapping.of.chibok.schoolgirls/141630.htm Service held to mar...