Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Saint Ignatius of Loyola quotes.

“Let me look at the foulness and ugliness of my body. Let me see myself an ulcerous sore running with every horrible and disgusting poison.”

“We should always be prepared so as never to err to believe that what I see as white is black, if the hierarchic Church defines it thus.”

“The safest and most suitable form of penance seems to be that which causes pain in the flesh but does not penetrate to the bones, that is, which causes suffering but not sickness. So the best way seems to be to scourge oneself with thin cords which hurt superficially, rather than to use some other means which might produce serious internal injury.”


Somehow, I don't quite know what it is, I just can't put my finger on it, but I just know that I would not have made a good jesuit!

There Is Certainly No Such 'Forgiveness Requirement' For A Court Judge.

Bishop in church stabbing forgives alleged attacker. Staff writer    19 April 2024. The attack was captured on video during the livestream. ...