Saturday, September 26, 2015

Louise On The NHS.

The TTIP Threat - 

Louise Bours MEP 

Conference Speech

Posted on September 25
changedBOURS.pngLadies and Gentlemen

12 months ago, in this very hall I delivered my first national conference speech as your spokesman for health.

After my speech some media commentators moaned because they found me a bit… shouty.

Well, 12 months ago, the NHS was under threat from the Westminster bubble, but now the NHS is facing an even bigger threat from the European Union, and whilst that remains the case let me assure you… I will not stop being shouty!

And I say to the media and anyone else that doesn’t like it - deal with it. This is about the NHS, it is about the people of this country for whom the NHS is a lifeline, and I’m not going to be quiet about it!

There are many areas of the NHS that are affected by our full membership of the EU.

There are reams of rules, regulations and directives that defy logic and leave clinicians and managers in a head-spin and the pending TTIP trade deal threatens the very fabric and principles that the NHS is built upon.


There are also many unplanned, unintended consequences of wider EU policies that add pressure and confusion to the health service.
Go to: http://www.ukip.org for the speech in full.

The African Churches Are Putting Us To Shame.

Learning from the African Church's extraordinary success. Heather Tomlinson    21 April 2024 . (Photo: Getty/iStock) Why has faith in Af...