Thursday, March 22, 2018

Hero Worship? - No Thanks.

No to worshipping the famous.

I do not care what celebrities think (I am yet to be convinced that many are even capable of rational thought at all.) I do not want the rich, the famous, TV stars, musicians et al to infect chat shows, radio programmes, magazines and newspapers with what their opinions are. If I want half-baked ideas I can go down to the public bar at the Anglers' Rest.
Why should Mick Jagger's politics or Bill Roache's views on global warming have any relevance?
Who gives a monkey's where Britney buys her perfume or which decorator the Duke of Devonshire holds as superior to the rest?
I am horrified when I see people fawning over the famous; soliciting their attention and trying to emulate their so-called style.
Frankly, it is pathetic that so many people need to live vicariously. It is a poor substitute for spirituality.
There is always an exception. Geldof has earned the right to talk on the subject of world poverty and preferably nothing else.

I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed. I Respect George As A True Christian. (Yet Still in The CofE.) My Own Feelings On This Matter Remain Mixed.

Former archbishop George Carey backs assisted dying campaign after 'conversion'. EXCLUSIVE: Lord Carey said the Church of England, w...