Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Fig Tree Theology.

David Alley.

I’ve seen miracles when I’ve prayed, but it hasn’t been consistent. I believe that faith (trusting in God) is a muscle that can grow through use.

Many years ago I had a giant fig tree that I needed removing from my house because it was cracking the foundations under the home. I couldn’t afford the $5000 I was quoted by a tree removal company.

Later I was reading in the Bible where it said Jesus cursed a fig tree, and I felt inspired to do the same with my fig tree. I stood facing the tree, pointed a finger at it and said “In Jesus name, I curse you and command you to die.”

And nothing seemed to happen.

Yet about 3 months later branches stated to one by one fall off the tree and it became a ghost tree in the yard. Today it is a stump.

I’m certainly no amazing miracle worker, but I have definitely seem miracles. The source of miracles is not the person, but it is God who does not find them difficult.

When reading the Bible, and you read the book of Acts which shows early Christians performing great miracles… keep in mind this spans 20 years. Miracles were not necessarily happening every day.

In the course of my life, I also have collected enough stories of the miraculous to make my life sound like the Bible, but the reality is that most days are quite mundane and ordinary.

Pagers.

  The primary reaction to the idea of placing an explosive device into 5,000 or so pagers is surely one of utter horror and disgust. However...